As a necessary equipment in the laboratory, the magnetic stirrer will inevitably encounter various obstacles in the process of use. The following is a solution to common problems.
Is there a magnetic stirrer which can combine rapid heating and precise temperature control?
MS-H-ProA has three heating mode options:
- Rapid heating provides experimental efficiency;
- Standard heating is the default working mode;
- Accurate and stable temperature rise, effectively avoid temperature overshoot.
In above three mode, the heating knob can be adjusted at the time of power-on to select the mode. If no modification is made, the default mode B temperature will be raised.
What’s the maximum thickness of the sample which can be stirred by a magnetic stirrer?
- What’s the maximum thickness of the sample which can be stirred by a magnetic stirrer?
Magnetic stirrer is used to mix mild and low viscosity fluids (about 100mPas or less). Imagine edible olive oil.
Why does the magnetic stirrer jump around?
- The rotation speed exceeds the threshold: The speed must be adjusted from low speed to high speed step by step, and the high-speed level is not allowed to start directly, so as to avoid the stirrer being out of synchronization and causing jump.
- Magnet is not suitable: According to the sample volume and viscosity, select the suitable magnet.
- Eccentric imbalance: The position of the magneton is off center.
How to avoid temperature overshoot?
First of all, this problem cannot be completely avoided, but choosing MS-H-ProA C mode to increase temperature steadily can effectively reduce it.
When choosing other types of magnetic agitators, in addition to increasing the volume of containers and samples to reduce the impact of temperature overrushing, stirring during the heating process can also effectively reduce overrushing.
Why does the magnetic stirrer continue to stir after it is turned off?
This is one of the features of magnetic stirrer: residual heat warning function, the purpose is to protect the user’s personal safety, the panel is shut down at more than 50 ℃, as long as the power is not removed, the screen will continue to flash, the stirring function is still retained, remind the user to pay attention Safe to prevent burns.
What is the correct way to use the temperature sensor?
The magnetic temperature sensor probe is immersed 1/3 to 1/2 below the liquid surface, the horizontal position is between the container wall and the center, and do not cling to the beaker wall.
7. How can we achieve the same experimental results while avoiding the flammable and explosive safety hazards of using an oil bath?
The metal sand bath is equipped with a magnetic stirrer, which can perfectly replace the oil bath.
Please see the following experimental data:
Here are some ways to control temperature:
- It is recommended to use 340 series, 550 series and 280 series heating magnetic stirrers for metal sand bath;
- It is recommended to place the external temperature sensor in the metal sand through the probe hole and adjust the height to 1 / 2-1 / 3 from the top of the metal sand to obtain more accurate temperature control of the sample
- It is recommended that the heating temperature is not higher than 260 ℃.